Exciting Social Media Intern for Creative Company- Spring and/or Summer 2014Bookmark This
Props for Today
32-00 Skillman Avenue, 3rd Floor
Long Island City, NY
DescriptionIf you eat, sleep and dream about being a part of a company's growth with your creative social media skills, this is the internship for you!
propNspoon is the exciting merged company of Props For Today and The Spoon Group. We are the leading furniture, prop rental and fabrication company on the East Coast serving clients in the film, theater, television, events, retail, photography and visual merchandising industries for over three decades. Clients range from Saturday Night Live to the Allure Pop Up store during Fashion Week to celebrity weddings and events.
propNspoon is looking for a savvy Social Media Intern, minimum 15 hours a week, reporting to the co-founder, to help us brand our company and engage with our clients and prospects. The primary responsibility will be to increase our presence on social media sites. This is a super opportunity for a student or recent graduate to gain experience and learn about online marketing and the prop, entertainment and event industries.
This internship is flexible in terms of hours and duration and special accommodation will be made for class schedules.
You will be an integral part of our team!
- Create postings for Social Media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, blogs, etc.
- Place information and photos into all social media sites on a timely and consistent basis
- Research top social media bloggers/influencers and evaluate their level of influence
- Build and maintain media lists across different categories of bloggers
- Research people and companies that would be relevant for propNspoon and brainstorm creative ways to reach them
- Analyze and track success of social media programs with analytic or social media monitoring tools
- Research events and social media opportunities that could help promote propNspoon program areas in the online space
- Research relevant speaking opportunities that relate to social media
- Assist with planning and execution of social media events, both virtual and in-person
- Stay up-to-date on new social media trends to bring new ideas to the table
Please submit your resume and portfolio and website if available. This position could lead to part-time employment!
All emails should include "Social Media Intern" in the subject line. Only those who meet the above requirements should apply. Please no phone calls.
Location: Long Island City, 11101 (we are 10 minutes from midtown on the 7 subway)
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!!
- Minimum 15 hours a week, 3 months or longer
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational, written, and interpersonal skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent follow-through
- Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus