Intern - Shopper MarketingBookmark This
Barilla America, Inc.
1200 Lakesidse Drive, Suite 150
DescriptionAt Barilla, we believe that the making — and enjoyment — of food is an art. Through our pastas and sauces, we want to bring Americans the best that Italy's culinary traditions have to offer; and through our promotion of Italian food, art, and culture, we want to inspire everyone to share in the values that have guided us for more than a century — a love of life, a devotion to quality, and a respect for tradition.
Barilla America, Inc., the U.S.-based division of The Barilla Group, Italy’s largest food producer, was launched in 1996. Just three years later, Barilla became the No. 1 brand of pasta in the United States (and today produces the fastest-growing pasta and sauce brands in their categories). To achieve this milestone in such a short time is a testament to Barilla’s history of over 130 years of excellence in food production, brand-building, product quality, and global consistency.
At Barilla, food production is guided by three essential principles: product quality, commitment to nutritionally balanced eating, and, of course, flavor, the unmistakable hallmark of the Barilla brand name. To maintain these standards, the Group engages in extensive research and development that helps us produce the best products, while always considering the concerns and needs of our customers. The Group also operates with respect for the environment and consumer health, and serves as a helpful, caring partner in the communities in which we operate.
Come learn from the some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals to contribute to challenging, exciting and rewarding projects. Our internship program provides real world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a maximum 12-week paid internship in our U.S. Shopper Marketing group in Bannockburn, IL. As a key player on the Barilla America Shopper Marketing team, the Intern-Shopper Marketing will have the opportunity to own the creative development process for a project.
ResponsibilitiesQualified candidates will possess the following:
• Currently obtaining MBA with a concentration in Marketing/Business related
• 1-2 years of work experience in Sales or Marketing with a CPG company or an agency preferred
• Understanding of marketing strategy
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective project management and time management skills
• Solid presentation and communication skills
• Self-driven individual with ability to work independently
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
• Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships high degree of personal integrity and work ethics
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
Candidates who meet these qualifications are encouraged to apply at http://tinyurl.com/ShopperIntern. Thank you in advance for considering Barilla America as a potential employer.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.
RequirementsKey responsibilities include:
• Perform analytics on executed shopper marketing programs, utilizing Nielsen and Launch systems.
• Coordinate development, planning and execution of annual Sales Meeting activities.
• Track the Direct Management Team’s point of purchase (POP) process.
• Facilitate flow between shopper marketing, sales, category management, brand, and agencies.
• Work with Brand team to secure overall creative direction and assets.
• Evaluate current versus new suppliers and make recommendations.
• Update the weekly internal Shopper Marketing/Marketing status tracker.
• Monitor & maintain project timelines.
• Other duties as assigned.