Intern for startup marketing agency (Remote/Unpaid): Writing, Marketing, and Design internshipsBookmark This
Prose Media LLC
DescriptionAre you a driven self-starter? Love writing/journalism, marketing, or design? Crave experience at an early-stage startup?
Our innovative content marketing agency, ProseMedia.com, creates quality content (e.g., blog posts, web copy, e-books) for businesses and nonprofits. But we also need help marketing our own service—which is where you come in.
Forget fetching lattes. Whether your passion’s blogging, tweeting, or designing pretty things, you’ll have a chance to put your creativity and wit to good use—creating fun, relevant materials that educate readers about marketing. This is an unpaid and virtual/remote internship.
DURATION: Three-month minimum commitment
HOURS: 8 to 10 hours per week (minimum)
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to intern[at]prosemedia.com
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN:
- Possible course credit (must be discussed with your school)
- Skills training and entrepreneurial startup experience
- Ability to work directly with founder/CEO and receive mentorship
- Likely letter of recommendation
- Possible published clips for your portfolio
- Flexibility to set your own hours
ABOUT PROSE MEDIA
Prose Media LLC (www.prosemedia.com) is a top writing service for businesses and nonprofits. A fast-growing content marketing agency based in New York City, our mission is to rewrite the world of content, helping brands succeed with high-quality custom writing. Clients around the world range from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Solutions include blog posts, social media updates, white papers, newsletters, and website copy.
Twitter: @prose / www.twitter.com/prose
- Write witty, instructional posts for our marketing blog
- Write e-books and other educational resources
- Edit and format blog posts (via WordPress)
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP:
- Craft well-written updates for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, etc.
- Initiate exchanges with individual followers
- Help build our following across platforms
- Find and participate in relevant conversations around the web
- Research potential clients and gather contact information
- Customize outreach emails
- Scout out new marketing opportunities and prospects
- PR duties: build a media list of journalists, contact publications about guest blogging
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP:
- Design images with inspirational quotes (with Photoshop)
- Design layout for newsletters, e-books, and other materials
- Expand our presence on Pinterest and Facebook
- Develop any related skills (e.g., illustrating, animating, video editing)
- Self-motivated and independent
- Highly disciplined and responsible
- Strong writing skills