Job Description: Marketing InternBookmark This
3801 Wake Forest Road
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals seeking to gain insight into the marketing and launch of an innovative social-business enterprise. The marketing strategy will successfully articulate both social and commercial value. We offer:
• The chance to gain valuable insight into managing a unique business model that integrates both social and business benefits.
• The opportunity to develop re-applicable marketing, leadership and communications skills.
• A personal development plan and regular support/coaching to help in your development.
• The opportunity to take the lead on specific projects that match your strengths and interests.
• References and letters of recommendation following successful completion of responsibilities.
• Report to work organized and on time.
• Gather and organize related media & demographic research.
• Design & complete “The Package” (a formalized, professional set of documents that will be used for promotion and education).
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the website and social network sites.
• Assist with event planning and execution in various capacities.
• Help develop the marketing campaign for the upcoming quarter and/or fiscal year.
• Assist with and perform any other duties as needed or assigned by the Program Manager
• Students interested in the fields of marketing/communications/graphic design.
• Excellent communication (skills, written, verbal and interpersonal).
• Creative and comfortable with working under your own initiative to design and improve the organization/products.
• Attention to detail. Good administrative and IT skills.
• An excellent team player with a sense of ownership. A passion for positive leadership and organizational development and a strong interest in youth leadership would be a distinct advantage
• Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above.
• Successfully complete interview with Program Manager and Executive Director.
The Intern position is not compensated, however any required paperwork will be completed to provide college credits and as necessary, letters of recommendation. Interns will also receive a weekly stipend to cover reasonable lunch/ travel expenses.
• To help promote a new social-business enterprise to the surrounding community while learning skills related to design, leadership, marketing, advertising and promotion.
• In this role you will provide valuable administrative support to a small, but very dynamic team and will be comfortable carrying out tasks independently and as part of the team. There will also be opportunities to work on specific projects for the CEO of the enterprise.
• As a confident communicator, you will be comfortable networking with corporate leaders, foundation executives and various community leaders. You will use your creativity to help with branding and go-to-market communications, activities and events.
We are seeking a minimum commitment of three months with 12-15 hours per week. Typically 3 days per week, preferably MWF. Schedule is negotiable and there is an opportunity to extend your internship or eventually become a part or full time employee.