Kiva Email Marketing Intern (53-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $437 million in loans for 1,051,000+ entrepreneurs in 68 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
Kiva Email Marketing Intern Role:
Primary Internship Objective:
Maximize Kiva’s relationship with lenders by tailoring email content to target specific audiences with a focus on testing and optimizing Kiva’s outbound communications. Help Kiva scale email efforts during the busiest time of the year by setting up, testing, and reporting on complex marketing email campaigns.
Manage Production of Marketing Email Messages:
- Throughout the busy fall/winter session, the Email Marketing intern will help set-up all marketing emails using web-based email software and will project manage the production of 3 (or more) major email campaigns. This includes providing email strategy input, completing HTML setup, creating email variants, testing for quality assurance, segmenting using basic queries, and scheduling and sending messages.
Track Ongoing Email Results to Inform Future Messaging:
- With each email, Kiva tests varying subject lines, language, images, etc. The person in this role will propose features to test, track test results, and report on email metrics to help inform ongoing email strategy and track against goals.
Assist with Additional Online Marketing Efforts:
- In addition to email production and strategy, the person in this role will have the opportunity to support Kiva’s online marketing efforts through Google adword administration, online advertising production and tracking, and other projects as needed.
- Highly organized with an aptitude for working in a remote start-up environment. This means being able to take on multiple projects, work independently, manage your time to meet deadlines, and happily tackle work that ranges from high level responsibilities to tedious tasks – all from your home computer.
- Time spent working with web-based email or web design software (MailChimp, Drupal, Wordpress, Convio, Salsa, etc)
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable using Excel or other tools to tackle large datasets and produce reports
- Experience with Photoshop or other photo editing software
- Strong attention to detail
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity to join the team of the world's first online person-to-person lending platform
- References gladly given for successful participants
Resume and cover letter required. Please specify your availability in the cover letter.