Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Echos Media Boutique
Website content and social media marketingKemteck Inc
Marketing Communications Intern Wanted for Entrepreneur Training CompanyDeanna Maio Coaching & Consulting
Internet Marketing Intern Wanted for Entrepreneur Training CompanyDeanna Maio Coaching & Consulting
Content Marketing Intern Wanted for Entrepreneur Training CompanyDeanna Maio Coaching & Consulting
Kiva Partnerships Marketing Intern (55-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $437 million in loans for 1,051,000+ entrepreneurs in 68 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
Kiva Partnerships Marketing Intern Role:
The Kiva Partnerships Marketing Intern will work with both the marketing and partnership teams to spread the word about the amazing 160+ Field Partners Kiva works with to get loans to borrowers.
Kiva's Field Partners are organizations based in the markets where we offer loans. They identify borrowers, create their profiles, upload them to Kiva, administer and track the loans, collect repayments, and more. Many of them are nonprofits, and all of them have incredible, socially-driven missions to fight poverty and help people in need. For example, some provide health care and insurance, some distribute solar lanterns, and others offer tuition loans to low-income students. But, right now, not many people know about them.
The Partnerships Marketing Intern would help change this picture by raising our partners' profiles on the Kiva website, our social media channels, and in the news. In this role, you will play a critical role in creating messaging to describe partners, promote them to current and existing lenders, and attract attention to the services and innovative loan products they are providing to Kiva borrowers.
The ideal individual for this position is a self-starter who loves to write, learn about global development issues, and think strategically and creatively about marketing opportunities.
This is an unpaid internship.
- Collect and create content for Field Partner profile pages on Kiva.org (examples here), including photos and video content.
- Revamp existing partner profiles to make them more engaging and informative for lenders.
- Promote new and existing partnerships on the Kiva Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Brainstorm and propose new ideas for raising our partners' profiles, and spreading the word about their socially-driven products and services.
- Assist our public relations team to get great Kiva borrower and partner stories into the news.
- Coordinate marketing efforts around new Field Partner launches.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Google Apps, YouTube, social media.
- Great team player.
- Affinity for keeping information organized and tracking details.
- Creative problem-solving skills and curiosity to learn.
- Well-informed about Kiva and microfinance with a strong interest in global development.
- BA or equivalent degree.
- Must have own computer to bring to Kiva.
- Opportunity to join one of the highest-profile nonprofits in the world.
- Experience coordinating global marketing efforts for a large audience.
- References gladly given to successful interns.
Resume and cover letter required. Please specify your availability in the cover letter.