Marketing Intern - MBA Student or GraduateBookmark This
Business Resource Group
13545 Hawthorne Blvd
DescriptionCompany Profile: Business Resource Group is an economic development non-profit specializing in small business development and capital access. We offer education and training, one-on-one consulting, and business finance assistance which helps to stimulate small business development and job creation. BRG was established in 2001, and gain national recognition for its Technical Assistance Services Model and the impact of our Credit Intermediary Services under the SBA Community Express Program.
BRG provides the following services to its consumers:
• Management Consulting & Business Advisory Services
• Group Training
• Corporate Training & Outreach Services
• Credit Education Services and Products
• Financial Literacy
• Small Business Loan Services
• Outreach and Economic Impact Strategies
Posting Description: The marketing intern The business development advisory team will be responsible for assisting the company’s president to analyze and update it websites, will develop strategies to improve program marketing and service delivery through utilization of information technology. The position will also be responsible for creating templates, graphics, web tools, designs, product-strategies, posters and brochures or other materials to build relationships with businesses. You will also be responsible for assisting the improve its marketing and outreach to small business community and their trusted advisors. The inern will help to establish relationships with organizations committed to the growth and development of small businesses. You will also conduct outreach and education to identify suitable small businesses candidates who can benefit from the company’s service offerings. The business develop advisor will conduct research to identify strategies and best practices to establish a referral network to increase the quality and number of businesses served.
By the end of the internship, the intern will learn how to:
• Independently work on the production design of marketing materials.
• Manage deadlines and client expectations for projects through regular and ongoing communication.
• Communicate key requirements for small business capital access
• Outline Financing Requirements for Start-up Enterprises
• Identify common obstacles faced by small businesses when seeking credit
• Create a Business Process Mapping for Online Marketing & Business Services Delivery
• Provide counseling for small business owners that are seeking loans
• Utilize skills and knowledge to coach small businesses on review effectiveness of design and content.
• Prepare newsletters and client advisory letters
ResponsibilitiesOn a daily basis you will examine our marketing materials, make improvements and help us to transition a varietyof oour online andd off line marketing activities to more automated processes using information technology.
- Must have completed undergraduate degree, with professional experience in marketing
- Preferable would be a MBA Graduate or Candidate focused on marketing
• Knowledge of graphic design methods and website design principles.
• Familiarity with software utilized in advertising, design and marketing industry
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Experience in marketing and effective visual communication techniques.
• Knowledge of banking industry a plus.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
• Ability to read a financial statement (profit and loss and balance sheet)