Marketing & Advertising InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
Looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual seeking to gain experience in marketing at a non-profit serving over 400,000 visitors a year in sparking children’s learning through play. This position is responsible for assisting the external relations department with various tasks and projects related to marketing and communication at Minnesota Children’s Museum. Some of these responsibilities include creating Facebook advertisements and building an advertising schedule, creating instant user polls for MCM.org and social media channels, assisting with data collection, analytics, and results communications, and participating in market research and advertisement copy.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of a marketing and communications staff member.
% of Time
35% Market research & analysis.
25% Assist with promotional and sales opportunities.
25% Assist with marketing plans (media trade opportunities & cross promotions).
15% Web & social media analytics.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Ability and willingness to work independently.
2. Strong writing skills (marketing plans, reports and copywriting).
3. Ability to work well with people.
4. Formal education in related field (marketing, communications, journalism or related experience).
5. Ability to organize time, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
6. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
7. Ability to interpret and analyze data.
8. Proofreading, keen eye for detail.
9. Knowledge of branding, logos and target audiences.
10. Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (especially Word and Excel).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
Experience in one or more of the following (please indicate this experience in your application):
• Video editing
• Graphic design (Illustrator, InDesign)