Marketing AmbassadorBookmark This
DescriptionThe original web series, DOWN WITH DAVID, is a raunchy, honest, uncensored comedy about a new-to-LA” straight dancer that picks up attractive women at... gay bars in West Hollywood. The series is based upon the true life adventures and shenanigans of writer and producer Derek Nelson. In each webisode, David (Nelson) shares his own personal quests with unadulterated outrageousness. David’s escapades were so intriguing; friends in the industry urged Nelson to create a blog detailing the events of his wild and unique life. Nelson's blog immediately captured its audience with sexual explicitness, comedic storytelling and the chronicle of his struggle to survive in Hollywood.
After two years, DOWN WITH DAVID has just completed production and is generating buzz with its rectitude and unrestricted entertainment. The raw escapades of DOWN WITH DAVID will premiere in its entirety in Hollywood in April 2014.
The public relations team behind DOWN WITH DAVID, Wilshire Austin, is seeking Marketing Ambassador Interns to assist in the marketing department, as well as represent their respective college campuses in sales. We are seeking team members who are incredibly organized, creative, self-sufficient and outgoing. A Marketing Ambassador Intern should be able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment, as well as assist in developing a marketing plan and execute strategies on his or her campus. We are looking for someone who has an interest in film – or marketing, sales and/or communications in film – and has the desire to gain a greater working knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes in post-production. Candidates should be outgoing and enthusiastic in to getting involved with the promotion of the DOWN WITH DAVID series within their respective local areas and markets. This is a well-rounded internship during which you will learn all aspects of the project while pushing your creative wit to its limits.
During this internship, you will explore the trenches of film, journalism and new media marketing all at once. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is looking to build his or her resume and body of work, as the interns are an integral part of our project. This is not a coffee internship and interns are given real responsibilities with strict goals and expectations.
Please keep in mind that as an intern and college ambassador, you represent our project and your academic institution. Although we want you to be daring and creative with your campaigns, we only support and encourage that you carry out your duties with absolute professionalism.
Responsibilities• Draft pitches and decks for current and potential markets and event opportunities
• Take a pivotal role in event/appearance sourcing by conducting research on potential events and opportunities
• Actively participate in the brand awareness initiative through viral social media marketing and management including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and blogging.
Help develop and publish creative content that aligns with the image and brand of Down With David to fuel following on all social media platforms.
• Establish relationships with local/regional businesses to boost awareness of Down With David premiere
• Create a measurable form to track the outcome of your Down With David awareness initiative within the local/regional market
• Hold at least two (2) events on campus or region to spark excitement and awareness of the Down With David premiere and web series (in co-op with the DOWN WITH DAVID team).
• You may also be asked to help out in other roles such as online promotion and live production
RequirementsOpen to all Majors:
• Preference given to: film, communication studies, business, marketing, entrepreneurship and journalism
• Social, outgoing and adventurous personality
• A forward thinking entrepreneurial mindset
• Marketing/media Background is a major plus
• Knowledge of blogging and social media
• A passion for telling true stories
• Experience meeting deadlines and great organizational skills is a must
• Have access to a computer, internet, camera and webcam
• Ability to shoot pictures, import, edit and upload onto social media platforms
• Incredibly proficient with Microsoft office, Excel and Google Docs
• At least a 3.0 GPA
• Self-motivated and a self-starter
• Great writing and copy editing skills
*We will need someone to work roughly 10-15 hours a week. Interns may work virtually/remotely. The DOWN WITH DAVID public relations team has an office in Downtown Los Angeles, where interns have the option to work. However, parking and fees associated with working from the LA office will not be reimbursed.
This internship is unpaid, but we are more than happy to work with your school to offer college credit to fulfill program requirements. Our hard-working interns will also have access to one-on-one interviews with the film’s director, Nathan E. Wheeler; writer and producer Derek Nelson; and the former publisher of StarLog, Fangoria and CINEMAGIC Magazines, Kerry O’Quinn. In addition, you will receive two (2) tickets to the Hollywood premiere of DOWN WITH DAVID in April 2014. Upon the end of your internship, we will happily write you a recommendation letter on your behalf and also make introductions for you that help progress your career. The partners at Wilshire Austin have previous experience and networks in industries including public relations, journalism, entertainment, digital media, law, fashion, management consulting, investment banking, private equity and venture capital. We take pride in our high performing interns and ambassadors and will do all we can to see them succeed in their future endeavors.
For more information about DOWN WITH DAVID project, please visit Facebook (facebook.com/DownWithDavid), Twitter (twitter.com/Down_With_David), Instagram (Instagram.com/DownWithDavid) and downwithdavid.blogspot.com/.
Please send cover letter, resume and links to any representative work (articles/blog posts/etc.) and social media links, if any, to Jasmyn Caldwell (email@example.com) and cc: Mary Beth Sáles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you and good luck!