Marketing Analytics InternBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionABOUT THE COMPANY
SnagFilms.com offers the broadest collection of great independent movies and documentaries you can watch right now, on demand, for free, and share with others – films that entertain and inform, engage and inspire, satisfy every taste, encourage discovery, and create a community. We are also a growing international theatrical and digital distribution company with major plans for expanding our footprint in 2014.
We are a well-funded start-up digital entertainment company with a fun, interactive team that believes deeply in changing the way that films are distributed online and across all digital devices and platforms.
We are seeking analytics interns for the winter and spring semesters. Positions are available for undergraduate and graduate interns who would like to gain professional-level analytics experience and gain valuable exposure to the emerging digital entertainment marketplace. In addition, analysts will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a start-up organization.
Weekly commitment is at least 2-3 full days, with flexibility in scheduling. We also can accept an exceptional dedicated candidate for a full-time paid internship. Interns are eligible to receive academic credit where applicable.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in this position, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your background to email@example.com with the subject heading MARKETING ANALYTICS INTERN.
ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
• Interns are assigned core projects designed to teach key concepts in real-time analytics
• Students will gain experience with many facets of online marketing analytics including:
o Learning the basic components of online marketing campaigns
o Developing original and expanding reports to track campaign performance
o Drawing insights from analysis to recommend optimization methods for campaigns
o Tracking overall traffic flow on SnagFilms.com
o Creatively integrating multiple data sets to illustrate overall site performance using key performance metrics
• Candidates must be proficient and efficient in Microsoft Excel and have an interest in data analysis
- Be able to create Excel files that will feed directly into reports viewed and used by executive management
- Familiar with commonly used Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, IF statements, etc.
- Familiarity with pivot tables
- Combine data from multiple different sources into consolidated, easy-to-read, and actionable reports
- Create effective graphs and charts
- Recognize trends and outliers in data
• Ideal candidates will be energetic, and have a strong work ethic and incredible attention to detail
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced and professional environment
• Possess impeccable organizational and critical thinking skills
• Proficiency with Google programs including Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Calendar. Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords a plus.