Marketing AssistantBookmark This
Herca Solar, Inc.
580 Airport Road, Suite A
DescriptionHerca Solar was established in 2004, as a sister company to Herca Telecomm (a wireless telecommunications company). We specialize in PV solar installations and have installed systems on over 1,000 residences. We also work with contractors to install solar systems for commercial and government-funded buildings. Our office and personnel does eveything in house for the customer after the time of signing including financing, pulling permits, system design and engineering, installation and customer service. Our main office is located in Oceanside, CA off of the 76 and we also have a branch in Perris, CA (intern would not be expected to visit this location).
The position of 'Marketing Assistant' will include managing leads, scheduling and tracking appointments, and assisting in the implementation of marketing concepts. This intern should be prepared to work in a team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and the solar industry. A more detailed description can be found below.
ResponsibilitiesTasks will include, but may not be limited to:
Management and tracking of leads
• Work with the lead generators to qualify leads and generate appointments using marketing and sales techniques that you will be coached on
• Track how consultations went and how we can keep improving lead generation, qualification, and scheduling conflicts
• Use a CRM tool (salesforce) to confirm appointments and to make sure the schedule is sent out to the solar consultants (sales reps) for the following day
• Find the best fit between consultant and customer; matching personalities, location, and timing
Implement Various Marketing Tactics/techniques
• Assist in finding new events, trade/home shows to participate in
• Assist with execution of trade shows and secure the best space available
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Brainstorm with other marketing personnel to come up with new marketing techniques that will help benefit the company
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
These are the main day-to-day tasks, but marketing and the solar industry are both consistently changing fields, so this position is very flexible. It can be very fun and will give you a chance to assist in the generation of creative innovative marketing techniques and ideas.