Sales InternsBroken Bars Publishing
Senior Recruiting CoordinatorGrindTime Sports
Commission based Business development/Marketing Intern (CA, NJ, Philadelphia PA)Moveha.Inc
Content Marketing Intern, Center Theatre GroupCenter Theatre Group
Undergraduate Account Sales Intern, Center Theatre GroupCenter Theatre Group
Marketing Communications InternBookmark This
Los Angeles, CA
Description== The Company ==
* Syncromatics (www.syncromatics.com) does two things: we track the bus (www.ladotbus.com) and we help the transit folks figure out why it doesn't work with on time performance reporting, passenger counting, and other important transit-related stuff.
* The company installs, services, maintains and hosts the entire hardware/software solution to get this done, and your role would be to assist us in our marketing campaigns, market research and seeking business opportunities.
* There are about 30+ clients, the largest of which is LADOT. There's a fun story behind that involving the Mayor's Office and a Cleantech business plan contest win, but we'll save that one for the interview process when you're getting to know us better.
* About that website of ours -- it'll be getting a facelift soon, so don't put too much stock in that.
== Compensation & Benefits ==
*All of our internships are paid. How much we pay will depend on your experience and skills. We want you to want to be here. Our kitchen is stocked with whatever drinks you would like, and xbox playtime is encouraged!
*We do not have free parking on premises but there are many cheap (4 dollars a day) lots nearby, and we offer a competitive parking stipend.
Responsibilities== The Environment ==
* The Sales and Business Development portion of the company has 3 members currently: The CEO, The COO and a marketing assistant.
* The total team headcount is 15 including our highly appreciated interns and part-timers like the bookkeeper. The offices are at Wilshire/La Brea in Los Angeles and you'd need to work out of these offices in order to be a part of the scrum process.
* This is a company that is quickly stepping out of startup shoes into grownup shoes. We've got a playroom wth an X-box and at the time of writing there was a rumor out there that one of the interns is soon donating a Super Nintendo to the mix.
* All in all, if you interview with us you'll quickly find that we practice what we preach. This is a fun place to work, we value candor and feed creativity with a positive working environment and open door policies. We're flexible on working hours, technologies, and great ideas, and generally you'll find the satisfaction component of this job to be very high--you'll get the opportunity to speak to anyone on the staff you'd like to in order to get a sense of this, but when you meet us we're confident you'll sense the good energy in this office.
Requirements== The Job ==
This section describes our dream candidate, which ideally would be you! They are not all "requirements", but this is what we're looking for in round terms. If you're on the fence, go ahead and apply.
*We are looking for someone who is preferably a Senior or recently graduated Marketing Major with a focus in Marketing Communications.
*The Marketing Communications Intern will have a variety of tasks to complete and will assistant the CEO and Chief Operations Officer.
*The Marketing Com. Intern will assist with market research (competitors, tech advances, etc), searching for and responding to RFPs, analyzing competitor offerings, and outreach to agencies and other companies we may want to do business with.
*The Marketing Com. Intern may also be asked to assist our graphic design associate with creating marketing campaigns and editing various forms if media for Syncromatics.
*SEO Marketing and a creative background will help you in this position!