Marketing Communications InternBookmark This
Burns & Scalo / Scalo Solar Solutions
22 Rutgers Rd
DescriptionBurns & Scalo Roofing Company, Inc. / Scalo Solar Solutions, LLC are seeking a Marketing Communications Intern who will work directly with the Director of Marketing and be exposed to almost every aspect of marketing (creative design, public relations, web strategy, and etc.). The preferred candidate will be energetic, multi-talented, and enjoy learning new skills.
Responsibilities• Hands-on creation of writing and designing marketing materials for internal and external uses (Examples: brochures, collateral, newsletters, signage, etc.)
• Create PowerPoint presentations for proposals and internal meetings
• Develop and execute a social media strategy that engages our customers
• Create brand enhancing advertisements and direct marketing pieces
• Create email marketing messages
• Write and distribute effective press releases about new products, services, employees, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum 15 hours per week, days and hours to be determined mutually
Unpaid Internship. Will work with intern to provide academic credit if applicable.
Requirements• Education: An undergraduate/graduate student who is currently working towards a degree in communications, marketing, design, or related discipline
• Resourceful and innovative
• Creative/strategic thinker
• Independent learning ability
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Strong writing/proofreading skills
• Basic understanding of business and marketing
• Familiarity with social networking tools, Internet research tools,
• Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Ability to work in both Mac & PC operating systems
Special / Preferred Job Skills
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and best-practices in visual design.
• Experience with a web content management system (i.e. Joomla, Wordpress, etc.) and basic HTML knowledge