Marketing & Communications InternBookmark This
Community Housing of Wyandotte County
2 South 14th Street
Kansas City, KS
DescriptionCommunity Housing of Wyandotte County is a nonprofit community development organization located in Kansas City, KS. The urban core of Kansas City, KS, is an area made up of several close knit neighborhoods and many people committed to making this well-kept secret a great place to live. We are in a phase of rapid growth, and building a team of people committed to the urban core will be key to our future success. Our mission is to revitalize, reinvest, and stabilize the Kansas City, KS area. Additionally, we hope to help develop the next generation of leaders in our industry.
Because we are very centrally located, this internship opportunity would be an excellent choice for any student in or near the Kansas City metropolitan area. Though there are no set dates, we expect most internships to coordinate with school semesters, though longer internships will be considered. Basic hours are flexible, and some work may be done from home, though attendance at a weekly staff meeting is preferred.
This internship will focus on marketing & communications, and basic graphic design skills are a plus. Students with an interest in building a career in the marketing or PR fields will given priority, though this could be a good fit for a journalism or graphic design student who desires experience in marketing.
ResponsibilitiesThe Marketing and Communications Intern will receive hands-on training in the area of marketing, communications, public relations and community awareness. They will assist with the creation and implementation of a marketing plan and associated goals. Specific skills learned will include communication, problem-solving, analysis, time management, budget management and event planning.
• Prepare and distribute program-related communications
• Content management on CHWC website
• Prepare for meetings & events (room & projector set-up, document preparation, catering orders)
• Attend marketing-related meetings and take minutes where required
• General marketing assistance as needed
• Writing and assembling the monthly eNews
• Perform data maintenance in Salesforce
• Create a social media plan and update social media outlets regularly
• Serve as a backup to the administrative assistant for front desk and phone coverage
• Other general office assistance
• Assist at evening and weekend events as needed