Marketing /Community Management InternBookmark This
137 Varick Street
New York, NY
DescriptionAbout the company
g33ktalk is a NY-based technology startup aimed at building the best international community of software engineers and helping each other level up their skills. Our curated software development content is a must-have resource trusted by thousands of developers worldwide. We also act as developer agents, connecting top engineers directly with the best CTOs across our international network of startups and tech companies. Our clients/partners include top startups like eBay, Foursquare, Netflix, Tumblr, Google etc. Now we have offices in New York and San Francisco with our network expanded to London, Berlin and Moscow.
What you can expect from g33ktalk
g33ktalk is looking for a energetic college student for an internship opportunity in marketing and community management at our NY office. At g33ktalk, we work as a team. We care less about the formality but more about the quality of work. This is your opportunity to work with a high-energy startup on a team that knows how to get stuff done, and you'll develop practical and valuable marketing skills in the process. You will also get exposed to all sides of the business and learn knowledge from the whole spectrum. Most exciting of all, you will experience the opportunity to grow your personal and professional network through our deep relationships with the NYC and San Francisco Bay tech startup communities.
Responsibilities- Work with the marketing director on daily marketing and communications tasks.
- Research the target audience and market, think of innovative strategies to expand the g33ktalk community.
- Work with other g33ktalk staff on web publishing projects for our site network.
- Promote g33ktalk content on all social platforms.
- Analyze traffic of the website and optimize content creation and promotion.
- Organize and attend startup/technology events as well as g33ktalk's own events.
Requirements- We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds, however, students with relevant marketing/communications/PR OR technology/computer science/digital media coursework and experiences are preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter who is curious, diligent and makes the effort to find innovative and effective solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, audio/video production software is a plus.
- Social media native who is comfortable to interact with people in the digital sphere.
- Creative thinking and strong analytical skills.