Finance or Marketing InternTransamerica Financial Advisors
Marketing Internship with a Wall Street Journal Top-Ranked Real Estate TeamDouglas Elliman
College Campus Representative (Nationwide)tBubble, Inc.
Marketing InternshipFearless Media
Marketing & Branding Intern - Fashion and Lifestyle Consulting FirmInternshipGurus
Marketing Community Manager (INTERN)Bookmark This
100 Marine Parkway, Suite 175
Redwood City, CA
DescriptionThe Marketing/Social Community Intern drives and creates marketing content, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position creates content that is used in inbound, outbound marketing as well as as in public/analyst relations, customer service and IT help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Responsibilities• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
• Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
• Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
• Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
RequirementsUltimately, this position is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
• Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the prospect.
• Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
• The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
• Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
• Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
• Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
• Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
• Conducting periodic competitive audits.
• Work closely with company’s VP Marketing on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
This position is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Success criteria include:
• Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
• An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.).
• Website and social media traffic growth.
• Conversion metrics definition and growth.
• Social media positive sentiment metrics.
• Customer feedback and survey data.
• Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
• A decrease in sales/buying cycles.
• Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
• Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.