Marketing Coordinator – InternBookmark This
Institute For Health Technology Transformation
900 East Indiantown Road
DescriptionSUMMARY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Marketing Coordinators are flexible and hardworking with demonstrable interest to analyze, measure, position, package, and promote Institute product and business offerings in the health care industry. As an intern you would be responsible for supporting our growth and revenue generating efforts through effective and results-focused marketing campaigns. Your responsibilities include working with the product managers, the corporate marketing group, sales, and product support to drive a variety of projects. This work will include analyses of healthcare technology specific areas as well as analyses of the organization of hospitals, physicians and other clinicians. It is expected that this position’s responsibilities will evolve over time.
The Institute’s marketing team is responsible for marketing the company’s exceptional product portfolio to providers, partners and customers on a national basis. Our approach is to embrace the strength of our products and pace of innovation to drive marketing programs that are entrepreneurial, data-driven, creative and respectful of our community. Depending on background and area of interest qualified interns can direct their area of focus in the following areas.
• Marketing strategy
• Corporate Communications
• Corporate Partnerships
• Content Development
• Client Relations
• Creative and Graphic/Web Design
ResponsibilitiesSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE INTERN
Specific responsibilities of the position include the following:
• Contributes to research and writing on the analysis of health system performance indicators and related issue briefs and articles.
• Supports market analysis to identify stakeholders, potential partners and opportunities for each product.
• Supports defining and implementing customer communication strategies.
• Provides follow up and track marketing initiatives.
• Supports market research studies to gain knowledge about user attitudes and behavior.
• Assists management and other researchers in developing additional Institute and/or journal publications that focus upon specific areas of policy related to healthcare technology.
• Coordinates activities of project team, external collaborators, and subcontractors.
• Monitors the media and research literature for developments related to technology improving the performance of the U.S. health care system. This includes reviewing journals, government reports, and analytic work of other health policy and research organizations.
• Serves as a liaison for the Institute and external collaborators participating in project activities. This includes working closely with Communications staff, graphic designer, and printer on report production and preparation for dissemination activities.
The organization’s philosophy on successful performance in the job includes the willingness on the part of all staff members to handle any assignment necessary to further the goals of the institution. This may include taking on responsibility to lead efforts on new projects as warranted by shifts in trends and/or policy.
RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent research and analytical skills, including expertise in research methods and data analysis.
• Students with a Bachelors/Master’s degree in progress.
• Proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity.
• Strong interest in product marketing, direct marketing, marketing program management, or consulting.
• Keen interest in analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Comfortable engaging executives and interactive with existing and potential partners.
• Highly organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of being a team member as well as a team leader. Willingness to participate in general workflow of office.
• Proficient in Internet searches, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphical presentations.
• Commitment to health policy research and healthcare system improvement.
Judgment, integrity, and the ability to listen to others are traits that are particularly important in this environment. Teamwork is essential to effectiveness at the Institute. The project team must have the ability to work collegially with a variety of staff. Interest in and a strong commitment to the Institute mission and programs are key qualifications.
START DATE: This position can start immediately.