Marketing & Design Admin AssistantBookmark This
DescriptionThis small, woman-owned business offers an exciting and rewarding opportunity to the right person. If you enjoy helping others, and are interested in self-improvement, spirituality, body-image, self-esteem, dance, creative expression and other issues that pertain to the inner and outer lives of women, this may be right up your alley!
For many years, I've been offering women of DFW an exciting variety of classes, retreats, special events, coaching services, writings, and gatherings, created to help them connect with their true beauty, their divine femininity and their most powerful expressions.
I need help! I've got lots of ideas but not enough time or energy to implement them. I also need some new streamlined processes for various areas of my office and marketing program. I'm looking for a go-getter who loves a variety of responsibilities, does not need a great deal of supervision, doesn't mind running errands, can be trusted with many duties, while wearing several hats.
What I promise is an easy-going, open-minded work environment, lots of opportunities for fun, yes, fun, and plenty of flexibility. Free event admissions, for you and guests, and other perks like gift cards and such.
Work from home, with some visits to my home office near SMU and local errands. I'd also need help at local events some evenings and weekends.
Starting at 5-10 hours a week, $10/hr, with potential for more.
Does this sound like you?
Visit http://www.sacredsexyu.com and http://www.theburlesqueexperience.com to learn more about my work.
Responsibilities- Assist with and at special events, representing company in a positive, professional and enthusiastic way.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing pricing, venues and other special projects
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Utilize social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Work with venues on event bookings, arrangements and other event details - Assist in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Create event postings, simple yet exciting graphics and flyers, and promote events through various online sources
- Run local errands like picking up items from printers, etc.
- General and miscellaneous clerical or marketing tasks, as needed
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Advertising or Womens’ Studies, or equivalent experience/interests
- Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills, professional phone voice
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, charisma, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment with autonomy and limited supervision
- Proficient with web apps like Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Google + etc.
- Reliable transportation, valid license and insurance
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback, flexible and able to change direction easily, as needed