Marketing & DevelopmentBookmark This
Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings
24901 Northwestern Highway, Suite 312
DescriptionDCWS provides world-class presentations of repertoire that varies in instrumentation, with special emphasis on brass and woodwinds, and builds rapport with audiences by performing in intimate concert settings. We are nationally recognized for our contributions to the art and are locally acclaimed for encouraging young musicians.
DCWS was named the winner of Crain’s Detroit Business 2010 Best Managed Non-Profit.
ResponsibilitiesJob Summary & Responsibilities: Reports to Communication Manager & Development Associate; provides support to all senior staff
• Assisting in the DCWS office, as well as at concerts and events;
• Designing and proofreading printed materials and email blasts;
• Posting on event calendars and social media sites;
• Identifying appropriate locations for advertisement and distributing promotional materials;
• Taking and processing ticket orders;
• Compiling and reporting on audience-related data;
• Designing and implementing audience surveys;
• Providing clerical support in the DCWS office;
• Assisting with development tasks, including researching potential funders and assisting with solicitation mailings;
• Help in securing auction donations for special events; and,
• Other tasks as assigned.