Marketing & Development InternBookmark This
Black Cat Rescue
DescriptionBlack Cat Rescue is a 501(c)3 no-kill cat, rescue organization in Boston, MA. Did you know that black cats are only half as likely to get adopted as cats of other colors? Our all-volunteer network of foster homes in the Greater Boston area is dedicated to saving the lives of homeless black cats and kittens by providing quality foster care while actively seeking loving, permanent adoptive homes. Black Cat Rescue is looking for a creative, motivated, enthusiastic candidate to help us coordinate marketing and development initiatives throughout the greater Boston area.
Responsibilities- Assist with planning and execution of 2013 conference, including:
-- Assist with pre-conference promotional and fundraising activities via conference website, social media, MailChimp, IndieGoGo, PayPal, FirstGiving and EventBrite.
-- Help solicit sponsors and vendors.
-- Plan pre-, post and networking events during the week of the conference with opportunity to take ownership of an event concept.
-- Recruit and coordinate volunteers on day of conference.
-- Fulfill thank you letters, prizes and all other post conference material.
- Solicit, edit and promote guest posts for blog.
- Maintain donor database and communications.
- Liaise with media and advertising.
- Write and edit copy for press release, advertising materials and other marketing communications.
- Identify opportunities to streamline brand and communications process.
- Organize and maintain marketing files and records.
- Provide support for other areas of marketing as needed.
RequirementsPrimary skills required:
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Familiarity with social media and new marketing platforms
- Knowledge of basic HTML and Google Documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning
- Collaboration, good judgment and decision-making
- Passion for animal advocacy
- Semester long commitment (optional extension)
- Time commitment of at least 15 hours a week