Marketing & Events InternshipBookmark This
The Providence Rink at the Bank of America City Center
2 Kennedy Plaza
DescriptionThe Providence Rink at the Bank of America City Center is open as an outdoor ice skating arena from Thanksgiving in November to St. Patrick's Day in March. From April to October, the space becomes a premiere outdoor event center in the heart of Kennedy Plaza in downtown Providence.
This is not a "get my coffee" kind of internship. You will be working alongside of the Marketing and Events Director. We are seeking interns to assist us in promoting our ice skating and summer event seasons and coordinating events and programming in both winter and summer. You will be working in the ticket office itself - a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will finish your internship having completed specific projects related to marketing, advertising, tourism and special events.
ResponsibilitiesPositions are open for the following:
• Manage social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Expand, improve, post consistently online.
• Work with Marketing Director on broader marketing initiative for ice skating season and 2015 summer events.
• Work on Marketing / PR materials
• Assist with scheduling of all reserved events including children’s birthday parties, social and business groups, full ice and school groups
• Coordinate sponsored promotions for vendors
• Coordinate programmed events and timed segments (ie: College Skate Night, Fun Day Mondays, etc)
• Solicit interest for 2015 summer festivals and events
• Will require hours outside of office
• Execute marketing campaign for ice skating season including design for website, print, social media, etc. Winter interns will prep for summer marketing campaign
• Assist with finalization of budget line items and costs
• Update the content on the website
• Prepare and distribute weekly newsletters
Company emails will be provided for each intern.
RequirementsThe Providence Rink is looking for at least three undergraduates in the greater Providence area who are majoring in either Marketing, Advertising, Tourism or Special Events. These persons should have excellent written and oral skills with extensive knowledge of the Internet and social media.
Specific office hours will be scheduled for all interns whether credited or volunteer.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Photo Shop a plus
• Takes initiative; can work independently
• Dependable and committed
• Attention to detail / problem-solver
• Strong communication skill set targeting writing and correspondence