Marketing Intern - Catchpoint SystemsBookmark This
336 West 37th Street Suite 405
New York, NY
DescriptionAre you passionate about marketing and technology and would like to help businesses by leveraging the internet to grow? Come intern with us at Catchpoint Systems. We are a technology start up located in midtown Manhattan that seeks an energetic marketing intern who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and can learn the industry quickly.
Catchpoint Systems in a New York City company that offers application performance monitoring to Fortune 1000 and top internet companies. Our web based platform helps clients get insight into what is impacting the performance, availability and reliability of their websites or applications, allowing them to quickly address any issue before they impact revenue.
As a Marketing intern you will support a number of projects, including (but not limited to) marketing campaign analysis, social media communications, competitive research, and participating in the launch of any new products.
In this internship, you will gain practical, real-world experience in digital communications including social media, community management, digital marketing, public relations, social analytics and blogger relations. This internship will provide exposure to what it takes to succeed and prosper as a social media professional and access to a fun set of tools, technologies and people.
ResponsibilitiesYour day will include:
• Writing Facebook posts and Tweets
• Writing or editing blog articles
• Tracking what’s being said online about our clients
• Researching what is happening the market and the competition
• Managing relationships with guest bloggers
• Analyzing web advertisement campaigns, email campaigns, and other inbound activities
• Assisting in the creation of e-books, presentations, marketing collateral, and other content
On joining our team you will learn how to:
• Draft webpages, blog entries, banner ads, Facebook posts, tweets, and email newsletters
• Analyze site user data
• Participate in team brainstorms to discuss how research insights translate into actionable steps
• Facilitate brand awareness on social media channels
RequirementsRequired Skills and Qualifications:
• Must have completed junior year of college with a 3.0 GPA or higher with a focus on writing, copywriting, communications, marketing, or in a digital discipline.
• Highly advanced writing and oral communication skills
• Ability to take a project and run with it independently with limited supervision/instructions
• Some working knowledge of HTML
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Some knowledge of Google Analytics
• Demonstrated creativity and documented experience with digital media
• Demonstrated use of various social media sites and services (such as Facebook, YouTube, StumbleUpon, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.)
• Examples of published work, such as student publications or samples from previous internships
• Must have strong organization skills, be a creative thinker
• Must be detail oriented and comfortable multi-tasking in a well-organized manner
• Have a zest for learning and adapting to new situations and be passionate about digital technology
• Comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment.