Marketing & Communications Intern For Innovative StartupBookmark This
150 West 25th Street
New York, NY
DescriptioneCaring, a rapidly growing Manhattan-based VC-funded health care software company, is looking for a Marketing and Communications Intern. The selected candidate will be responsible for executing creative marketing strategies to help grow our business. The candidate will work directly with our Director of Communications to execute projects.
*About the Company*
eCaring generates actionable real time health care data from the home. Its unique system enables home care aides, caregivers and patients to enter extensive data that helps keep patients in their homes and out of the hospital, lowering care costs while improving quality of care for the elderly, chronically ill and low income vulnerable populations.
Great opportunity for advancement in a fast-growing start up. This position is initially part time with the opportunity to grow into full time.
YOU MUST BE LOCAL TO NYC
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities including events and speaking engagements, awards, and guest blogging opportunities
- Write persuasive, creative copy for blog, website, etc
- Assist in creating newsletter and other sales materials
- Make updates to our websites, knowledge of basic graphic design and HTML code is a major plus
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Provide research and competitive analysis on the current market
- Managing and following up on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
Please email cover letter (*REQUIRED*) & resume information. Resumes without a cover letter WILL NOT be considered. In your cover letter include the word "pterodactyl" and tells us what you're looking for in an internship -- your professional interests, anticipated career path, what you would like to learn and gain from the experience.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Communications, with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Strong project management skills and impeccable organization skills
- Experience or interest in the health care industry, particularly in home health care and/or geriatric care
- In-depth knowledge of social media and web tools including Hootsuite, Google Docs, and Wordpress
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point) (advanced Excel knowledge a plus!)
- Basic HTML knowledge, skills with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a major plus