Marketing InternBookmark This
Crescent Electric Supply Company
7750 Dunleith Dr
East Dubuque, IL
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States with over 130 locations in 27 states, under the brands of Crescent Electric Supply, Stoneway Electric Supply in the Pacific Northwest, and BA Electric Supply in Missouri. Crescent Electric supplies electrical and datacomm products from over 1000 manufactures to electrical contractors for construction, industrial MRO and OEM accounts, and commercial facilities. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value-added services.Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include working with vendors and branch personnel, data collection for numerous programs, tradeshow coordination, operation of CrescentTV, and updates of the Intranet pages and research projects. Also, will support Corporate, District, and Branch's marketing efforts.
- Collect market data for branches.
- Assist branches in designing marketing materials and approaches to meet their specific needs.
- Perform branch or customer surveys to collect data on customer satisfaction and customer needs.
- Work with vendor sales personnel on joint promotions of their products.
- Make recommendations on the best use of co-op dollars.
- Develop product knowledge.
- Satisfy branches' requirements for literature, catalogs, price sheets etc.
- Execute marketing effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the branch and the company.
- Look for creative methods and techniques for supportive selling and relate successes and/or failures to peers.
- Organize tradeshows.
- Update intranet tools and resources. (Sharepoint)
- Introduce new products (NPI) and upload to the intranet.
- Make recommendations on logoed merchandise, update descriptions and pictures as needed. Take inventory and send to the field.
- Analyze data with regards to promotions and events to grasp a better understanding of the success.
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university.
Experience in video converting and editing a plus.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
This is a part-time position, therefore is not eligible for benefits.CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, criminal background checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.