Rhino Concessions/ Funnelicious Marketing InternBookmark This
155 Augusta St
DescriptionFunnelicious is the smallest restaurant in Greenville, SC, but don't let that fool you. We pack a big punch for our size. Loaded with a full menu from Funnel Cakes, Fried desserts including kool-ade, cookie dough, and oreo balls to sandwiches, dogs, and more! We have been nationally featured on the Travel Channel's Food paradise!
Funnelicious is located right across the street from the Greenville Drive minor league baseball stadium. During the summer we are very busy with people going to baseball games, walking around downtown, and a destination spot due to our growing popularity.
In addition Funnelicious sister company is Rhino Concessions. Rhino provides food service for 5 waterparks, 6+ baseball complexes, 2 soccer facilities and may special events throughout the year. Rhino and Funnelicious employ up to 80 part time and seasonal staff a year.
Tags: Marketing Intern, Sales, Operations, Design, Advertising
Intern will earn $2.50/ hr base pay for off-site marketing duties- social media, website, and design.
$8.50/ hr for onsite marking duties – surveys, sampling, and other face to face work.
Will have the potential opportunity to work special events, festivals, and at Funnelicious.
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions to market, promote and cross promote both Rhino Concessions and Funnelicious.
- Manage and provide support to social media outlets to increase exposure: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Monitor Google Analytics on websites and work to increase traffic
- Update and contribute content to websites
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials
- Call on new clients and prospective business partners, database call activity
- Assist in coordinating catering sales
- Develop and market promotional materials for specific Funnelicious desserts
- Develop and promote refillable mug program across all parks
- Develop and implement weekly customer satisfaction surveys for all waterpark and baseball locations.
- Offer sample menu items at Funnelicious, waterparks, and baseball facilities, survey and record results
- Work diligently and efficiently with a limited marketing budget to maximize company exposure.
YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS YOU EMAIL THE FOLLOWING:
• A cover letter telling us about your marketing, social media and sales experience
• A simple sample press release highlighting one of our Funnelicious desserts
• Your resume
• Your contact information
To - Mike(at)rhinoconcessions(dot)com
Requirements- Must display excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have a laptop or daily reliable access to the internet- smart phone preferred.
- Be skilled in word processing, excel. Graphic design (Photoshop/ Illustrator a big plus)
- Must be able to think on their toes and adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Must be self reliant for transportation- to and from locations
- Must be highly dependable
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of people/ small audience – ex: Product demonstrations
- Multitasking - manage several projects at once
- Must be available to work during our peak busy time: afternoons, nights and weekends.
Typical work-week schedule:
Part Time – 20- 30 hours weekly - May through August 2014 primarily
Other opportunities possibly available February - November
> Sunday/ Monday – Off usually/ pending weekend special events
> Tuesday – Friday: Hours vary 12pm – 9pm Work with Funnelicious, cross promotion with Greenville Drive, Waterparks, Mug promotion, Daily waterpark specials, special event development, social media, website development, calling on businesses
> Friday – Saturday: 11am – 4pm. Attend pre scheduled waterpark, Conduct surveys, offer taste tests, work on park concession signage, cross promotion, promo games with guests, social media posts, refillable mug promotion.
South Carolina: Downtown Greenville, Simpsonville, Travelers Rest, Duncan, and Piedmont