Marketing InternBookmark This
Student Support Center
1003 K St. NW
Position Summary: Intern will provide administrative support for marketing and development department and assist in execution of marketing and advertising programs. Position includes assisting in conducting initial outreach to prospective partners for the Student Support Center, and/or planning and fulfilling marketing-related events, copying and collating marketing materials, and marketing strategy creation.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Development.
• Creating and editing marketing pieces.
• Creating marketing outreach strategies and implementation
• Meeting with past and potential clients to develop specific marketing campaigns for those sponsors.
• Attending events with the Director of Marketing for outreach.
• Contacting and building
• Other duties as needed
We are looking for a minimum commitment of 3 months. Hours are flexible. This position would be ideal for a university student and we will work with your school for course credit. This is a terrific opportunity to be exposed to all areas of non-profit management.
Non-paid-- The Student Support Center will complete all school credit requirements.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and three references to Jonathan Anderson: Janderson@studentsupportcenter.org. For more information on the organization please go to: www.studentsupportcenter.org.
RequirementsSpecial Skills Required:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills, Microsoft Word and basic Excel knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong telephone skills