Marketing Coordinator InternBookmark This
Tropical Adventures Foundation
Hojancha, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
DescriptionWhat we offer!
As an intern working for Tropical Adventures you will be working in a small team in a rural town of Hojancha in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica. As marketing intern you will be learning about how to market our projects and you will be working together with other interns to create and execute our marketing strategy. After office hours, you can practice your Spanish and immerse in the local culture. On the weekends, we like to travel and explore the country with you.
Who we are!
Tropical Adventures is a volunteer service organization based in Costa Rica. We design affordable and fully-customized, unique volunteer and voluntour experiences. We work with individuals, families and groups who want to make a positive impact in local communities while experiencing a world different than their own.
ResponsibilitiesYour tasks at a glance:
- Assist us in the design, creation and delivery of marketing programs to support the growth and expansion of our services
- Write content for our website and social media
- Maintain and develop relationships with media, volunteer directories and other companies and organizations
- Create a monthly newsletter (4000+ people)
- Keep track of online volunteer directories
- Be prepared to help with research, writing, pitch development and updating databases
RequirementsWe are looking for:
We are looking for a team player who can work well on her/his own but also in our team. You have a roll-up-the-sleeves personality who contributes ideas and design those.
Ideally, you meet the following qualities:
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken and basic knowledge in Spanish language
- Demonstrate interest in social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and others
- Are working towards or having earned a Bachelors Degree
- Work well with ambiguity and limited supervision
- Are motivated and a strong communicator
- Are a quick learner