Marketing InternBookmark This
The Texas Observer
307 W. 7th St.
DescriptionAbout The Texas Observer
The Texas Observer is an award winning nonprofit magazine that writes about issues ignored or underreported in the mainstream press. Our goal is to cover stories crucial to the public interest and to provoke dialogue that promotes democratic participation and open government, in pursuit of a vision of Texas where education, justice and material progress are available to all. Visit www.texasobserver.org to learn more.
ResponsibilitiesIntern Primary Responsibilities
• Assist the Publisher in implementing a fundraising program, special event marketing, and marketing of various products and programs.
• Assist in creating and organizing fundraising and promotional events
• Research potential partners for The Texas Observer
• Assist the Circulation Manager with marketing and retaining memberships and subscriptions.
• Update and analyze the ‘Constituent Relationship Manager’ (CRM) database.
• Manage 1-2 marketing and/or fundraising projects fully, for example creating and marketing a new merchandise sales program or other project as assigned.
• Help with some administrative tasks, including mailings and helping to respond to requests for information
• Other tasks as assigned
• Education level High school diploma; Bachelor's degree in progress;
• Subject/Major: Marketing; Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications; Business Management; Nonprofit Management.
• Demonstrated interest in marketing, journalism and/or fundraising;
• Strong communications skills;
• Organized and efficient;
• Ability to work independently and with others in a fast-paced office;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Computer literate, including Word, Internet and databases;
• Available at least 10 hours per week.