Marketing InternBookmark This
618 West 46th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionPacha is a 30,000-square-foot multilevel event and nightlife space capable of hosting a large gathering for as many as 2,500 or an intimate dinner. Rooms of various sizes are decorated in a modern style, with dramatic mezzanines connecting the floors. Pacha can provide in-house catering and welcomes outside caterers. The venue offers full sound, lighting, staging, and audiovisual capabilities. We've got an opportunity for a talented Marketing intern, with a creative flare to assist on varied and exciting projects within one of the World’s premier event brands.
ResponsibilitiesDuties/job requirements include, but not limited to:
• Attending weekly creative meetings, encouraged to participate and share ideas
• Organizing meet & greets for DJ talent, learning how to pitch interviews with DJ talent
• Helping with our social media programs, learning how to utilize social networks to market a product/brand (facebook, twitter, reddit, foursquare, instagram, etc)
• Maintaining comprehensive list of current and upcoming events
• Event/talent research and maintaining files and all correspondence.
• Learning how to utilize print and web media outlets to target a specific audience
• Learning how to tie in local events to marketing activities.
• Learning how to pitch stories to media outlets, including but not limited to compile and utilize editorial calendars and keeping up to date with relevant news stories
• Working with supervisor and DJ talent’s teams to come up with creative and “out of the box” marketing ideas
• Learning how an event is marketed from every aspect, learn the challenges and how to solve them with a live event. We work with national companies including LiveNation (Ticketmaster). The Intern will see how an event is marketed, from the opening stages of selecting a date and venue, to booking talent, to figuring out the event’s target audience and tailoring marketing and promotions to that audience.
• Learning how Pacha works with outlets like Sirius XM radio, MTV News, Time Out New York, New York Post, etc. Pacha has excellent relationships with these outlets.