Marketing InternBookmark This
New York, NY
RentShare is an angel-funded tech startup that is here to kill the rent check. We just moved into our new SoHo headquarters in a shared office space alongside other up-and-coming startups (including Indiegogo, Seedinvest, and GiftHit).
We are seeking 2 motivated and outgoing college students (or recent grads). Ideally, you'll be able to stick around through fall semester, and will commit 10 to 25 hours (2 to 3 days) each week. Our team is small, motivated and generally pretty funny. You'll be working with the founders on site in our shared office space in SoHo. There's more than a few exciting things coming up for us in the next few months -- we'd love to have you along for the ride!
ResponsibilitiesThings you'll be doing:
- organizing and compiling marketing data (this means spreadsheets!)
- writing interesting, relevant content for our blog
- researching relevant blogs & websites for outreach/content exchange
- contributing to our social media accounts
- other projects on an as-needed basis
Things you won't be doing:
- collating copies
- getting us coffee (unless you want some, too)
- staring at your screen trying to look busy
- anything we aren't willing to do ourselves
We'd rather read two well-crafted paragraphs that reflect who you are while highlighting your strengths than the same five you've been sending everyone else.
RequirementsIdeally, you have a way with words (both written and spoken), familiar with using the internet in a variety of facets, Google-savvy, organized and comfortable with the creation & management of spreadsheets.
Also: passionate, expressive, fun, fearless, creative, self-motivated and generally awesome... an eagerness to learn anything you don't already know.
Other nice-to-have skills include basic web-design, image/video editing, experience writing non-cheesy social media updates, and a serious understanding of Reddit.