Marketing InternBookmark This
1621 Milam #100
DescriptionThe Houston Press is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in pursuing a career in marketing, events, and social media to assist the marketing department on a part-time basis.
This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the design and execution of promotional, marketing and social media campaigns for the Houston Press in addition to event planning and production.
Individuals chosen for this internship will gain hands on experience in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc.), special event production, sponsorship sales, and promotional campaigns.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include the following:
• Design, implement and fulfill giveaways, contests and promotions
• Assist with social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare
• Update email database from street team efforts
• Research leads for potential sponsors and partners of special events
• Assist in onsite logistics and execution of special events
• Manage inventory of promotional items
• Compile media kits, sales sheets, event proposals and other reference materials
• Archive marketing materials
RequirementsActive interest in social media, marketing, events, and promotions preferred and strong communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
This position is unpaid and applicant must receive college credit for this internship.
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kristen Majewski at kristen.majewski@HoustonPress.com