Marketing InternBookmark This
Maisha B. Hoye, LLC
DescriptionThe qualified intern who joins Customer 1st Marketing will handle the account of startups and small businesses. These customers have more ideas than time and C1st helps turn these ideas into campaigns with results. The intern will serve as the customer liaison and be responsible for the delivery of tactics on a timely basis. The intern will work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing.
Marketing interns perform administrative duties to support the marketing and sales teams in various companies and organizations. For example, they make photocopies, help assemble sales and marketing proposals, answer and route client phone calls and distribute marketing materials to employees and customers. Other duties include staffing registration tables at events, putting together shipments, formatting mailing lists, submitting internal web requests and forms and formatting newsletters. Some internships are tailored to MBA candidates and include tasks such as trend and competitor analysis, product launches and marketing planning. Interns usually work under the direct supervision of an experienced marketing employee.
ResponsibilitiesThis person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position. Will work directly with clients on:
• Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Assist with fulfillment of marketing offers
• Assist with execution of trade shows
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• Open and sort mail
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity