Marketing InternBookmark This
Pro Players Foundation
190 W Highway 114, Suite A
DescriptionThe Pro Players Foundation is a group of professional athletes and business and community leaders who volunteer their time and talents to assist disadvantaged youth. With the mission of “Enriching the lives of disadvantaged children across North Texas through sports-based programs,” PPF partners with professional sports teams through a variety of initiatives to help make sure every child has the ability to succeed and the opportunity for a bright future.
Current PPF programs and projects include:
Instant RePlay: An “Extreme Makeover” of community sports facilities. These projects give children a place to play and grow and give the community a center of hope in which they can take pride.
Character Camps: Heroes and coaches from professional sports teams give underprivileged youth the opportunity to learn the importance of character, purpose and responsibility while simultaneously developing athletic skills.
Play It Forward: This program collects and rejuvenates sporting equipment to be donated to kids in need, ensuring every child in North Texas has the chance to “get in the game.”
PPFeed the Need: Provides hope through food for those in need. The group focuses on disadvantaged and at-risk children, whether in a battered women’s shelter, a low income community, or a children’s hospital.
The Foundation is comprised of Pro Players who are current and former professional athletes who seek to raise funding and community awareness through support of the Foundation’s special events and programs; a Board of Directors that is responsible for day-to-day operation of the Foundation; an Advisory Board that consists of business leaders, media representatives and executives from the professional sports teams in North Texas; and an army of volunteers and supporters who help us execute our mission.
For more information about the Pro Players Foundation, please visit us at www.ProPlayersFoundation.net
The internship position is a full time or part time non-paid volunteer learning opportunity, allowing each individual to sculpt their management skills while garnering a tremendous amount of real world industry related experience. The PPF intern will work directly with the executive director to oversee all operations for the Foundation.
Responsibilities- Develop marketing collaterals (signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc. )
- Provide support to website and social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Will work with the teams, sponsors, Board Members and volunteers in conjunction with PPF events/meetings.
- Will prepare for and execute PPF projects and fundraising events.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing or another applicable field.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Possess the skills to start and complete all projects assigned to him or her.
- Must adhere to all time-lines for projects. Each project will have a timeline of when it needs to be completed, usually one month prior to event. These time-lines are required to be followed by and not meeting these deadlines could result in termination.
- Possess their own vehicle, laptop and cell phone (for business calls only) in order to be able to work remotely as well as in the corporate office. Travel to meetings throughout the Metroplex will also be required.
- Is expected to be present and on time for all professional commitments, including PPF event/meetings which occur in the evening and on weekends.