Marketing InternBookmark This
Vision Event Management
16851 Southpark Dr. Suite 100
DescriptionVision Event Management is a road running event producer that owns or produces over 20 events per year. Mudathlon is a mud and obstacle course event series with 4 events per year. In 2012 the 2 companies produced events for over 100,000 participants. The events VEM and Mudathlon produce cover 8 states in cities such as Atlanta, Little Rock, Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago. The two companies are based in Westfield, IN an Indianapolis suburb. An internship with one of these companies will give a student in marketing, business, event planning, or operations a great opportunity to learn the fast paced event production business and travel while being immersed in real time decision making to help produce the events.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS
VEM and Mudathlon focuses on two types of internship opportunities, Operations and Marketing. Although interns focus on one of these areas, each intern will undoubtedly be exposed to and gain knowledge of all event management elements. From an event’s creation to its marketing efforts and finally its flawless execution, interns will have the opportunity to be a part of the entire process at VEM or Mudathlon. We also encourage our interns to bring fresh ideas that enhance the experience of current participants or ideas to create a new event altogether.
Operations Intern Opportunity
Event management interns focus on the real nuts and bolts of the events managed by VEM or Mudathlon. If you like to problem solve and find realistic solutions that are a constant part of the event world, this is for you. Duties include administration, logistics, participant services, registration, database entry and management, volunteer recruitment and management, equipment management including maintenance and loading, meeting planning, vendor orders and general support.
Marketing Intern Opportunity
Marketing interns have one main focus, turn creative and outgoing energy into more participants at VEM or Mudathlon’s events. Marketing interns participate in the planning, coordination and implementation of marketing and promotional activities for Vision Event Management, Mudathlon, and their events. Duties include grassroots outreach, on-line promotion, social media, entertainment recruitment and general support. During event times duties will also include aspects of the operations position as necessary.
ResponsibilitiesThe following is an additional description of the internship position:
• Assist in the preparation of materials and staffing at each expo where Vision Event Management has a presence with the Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run, Geist Half Marathon, Madison Mini-Marathon, and Drumstick Dash.
• Facilitate postcard and poster distribution for events in multiple markets.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of all Facebook, Twitter, and other new social networking initiatives for multiple VEM events. High emphasis on contests/promotions.
• Assist in the coordination of Virtual Race Bag placement
• Handle all aspects and implementation of the M2 Challenge (Madison Mini and Rock ‘n Sole)
• Manage VIP lists for race day
• Handle all age group award logistics
• Creation of specific mailing list for postcards to include outdoor recreational groups, triathlon groups, and trail running groups in multiple markets.
• Update and track all online calendars relevant to each VEM event
• Compile all post-event marketing photographs and create Facebook photo albums.
• Compile all relevant information toward the following years events, including survey results, online & Facebook quotes, photos etc.
• Play a key role before all events including material preparation of bins for Expo & Packet Pick-Up Area
• Play role during each event experiencing multiple roles of race management.
• Play a key role after each event including inventory counts, cleaning aid station materials, contact/mail individual prizes and begin preparations for the next event.
• Maintain monthly email marketing statistic updates
• Update website and registration form content as needed.
• Research new advertising avenues for events in all markets.
• Become an integral part of Customer Service.