Marketing Intern for authorBookmark This
Harris Communications Group
Cambridge Innovation Center
Kendall Square, MA
DescriptionI'm an author, former national journalist, college professor and public relations consultant--with two nonfiction books to market. I'm seeking a part-time or full-time intern for Spring, 2014. One book is a social history of professional women; the other tells the story of a student at a major university during the turmoil of the late 1960s. I need help reaching out to audiences for each book. Outreach tools will likely include blogging and social media, video, and events--and contacting college professors and university event planners.
I'm headquartered in the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square but off-site work with frequent meetings in Cambridge would be fine.
Responsibilities- Research and help define audiences and media outlets
-Help develop a marketing plan
- Help execute a marketing campaign through newsletters, email, blogs, online promotions, twitter, linked-in and other social media and advertising tools.
- Assist with special events and Webinars
Requirements- Pursuing or recently earned a Bachelors or Masters Degree in marketing, integrated communications, public relations or advertising
- Possess excellent writing, verbal, social media, SEO and research skills; ideally, graphic / Web design and video skills
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and intelligence
- Should be open-minded, a quick learner, enthusiastic, adaptable and have a sense of humor.