Marketing Internship (Fall 2014)Bookmark This
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionCandidates for the marketing internship should have a general interest in entertainment marketing and product integration. Marketing interns will have the opportunity to get involved with the branding of our many projects as we connect them with major advertisers and find ways to expand our client's brands across all media platforms. Your opportunities for involvement with our branding and marketing team will include integrated entertainment marketing, licensing, sponsorships, product placement, marketing proposals, strategic marketing campaigns that cover all facets of social media, print, video and television, and all phases of product development and brand management from presentation to manufacturing.
Get ready to learn more than you’ve ever imagined about entertainment, branding and marketing!
Populus Interns have the opportunity to learn the entertainment marketing world from its top integration consultants, while being intimately involved creatively with top staff and directly interfacing with clients.
Duties may include industry research, client brand strategy and implementation, client scheduling, client and other status reports, cold calling, lead generation, as well as general clerical work. Populus Interns will walk away with knowledge and direct experience handling licensing, sponsorships, and the entire scope of integration packaging – and all in the context of television and television production.
The Populus Internship Program is now accepting applications for Summer 2014 in Los Angeles, California. Students MUST be able to receive college credit for this Internship experience. This Internship is unpaid, and housing is not provided.
Interns are afforded a particularly special opportunity with Populus’ recent launch, as they will have an opportunity to learn and experience the launch of a company from the ground up and have the chance to work and collaborate directly and creatively with the CEO.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RequirementsDETAIL OF POSITIONS:
We are looking to fill positions for several internship positions in marketing/branding, informational technology and special events planning.
• Marketing/Branding: Candidates for the marketing internship should have a general interest in entertainment marketing and product integration should have a general interest in branding strategy and will be exposed to branding of television shows, talent, product development and integrations.
• Informational Technology: Candidates for the IT internship should have experience working with technology systems and troubleshooting issues. Specifically the intern will be responsible for working with social media, client management programs (CRMs), graphic and website design and general IT work.
• Special Events: Special events intern candidates should have prior experience in planning and executing social gatherings or premiere events. They will be responsible for helping plan fundraisers, networking socials, and managing the personnel during the events.
• Graphic Design: Graphic design intern candidates should be familiar with the Adobe Creative suite and will be creating pitch materials, branding campaigns, and assist with web design.
• Accounting: Accounting interns should be interested in learning how to budget, create and maintain accounting reports and any general accounting software. Interns will also have the opportunity to learn aspects of entertainment accounting, for Television and Digital production and will also learn industry specific and corporate GL software. Great balance of higher level and detailed accounting and finance responsibilities. Detailed daily responsibilities to include: Financial analysis and reporting, account reconciliation, Accounts Payable support, Petty Cash audit, payroll prep, filing, data entry (journals and A/P), on-set accounting support, purchase order matching, and special projects as needed.