Marketing Intern for Short Film Production ProjectJ. Burrage Productions, LLC
Incredible opportunity to learn Internet Marketing from a 13 Year expert marketer.Fresco Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternMustang Online Business Management
Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Autonomie Project, Inc.
DescriptionAutonomie Project is a Boston-based Fair Trade fashion company, with representation in the San Francisco Bay Area. We offer stylish sweatshop-free, eco-friendly & vegan footwear and clothing for children and adults. In addition to its retail/wholesale sales and marketing operations, the company aims to make a positive social impact on our earth by educating the public and raising awareness of today’s most pressing global issues.
We are currently seeking a part-time intern to join our team and assist with a variety of projects that will help us grow our business. We expect the internship to start immediately and last through May of 2012; preferably extending through August or December 2012.
The intern will be expected to work remotely from home an estimated 15-20 hours per week. ‘Virtual’ interns from outside of the Boston or San Francisco areas will be considered. A personal laptop, desktop, or access to one is required for this internship. Details for this position are listed below.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities will include:
• Working with current AP staff on designing and executing a university “ambassador” program to further engage college students across the country in Autonomie’s social mission.
• Monitoring and improving current marketing strategies (including Google Adwords, Facebook ads, ebay.com, and more) and executing new marketing campaigns to target and attract new customers based on the profile findings.
• Researching, developing, and implementing a CRM (customer relationship management) software program.
• Researching and writing articles for Autonomie’s blog on a bi-weekly basis (or as assigned). Topics will be assigned and will cover a range of subjects including global labor rights issues, environmental activism, current events and politics, and animal cruelty.
• Attending events, festivals and trade shows on AP’s behalf on select weekends. Responsibilities include preparing product and materials before the event and working the booth throughout the event, selling product, networking on AP’s behalf, and educating the general public on our company and our causes.
• Attending Fair Trade towns meetings on behalf of AP, and possible volunteering at related events including coffee tastings, fair trade bike rides, and fairs.
• Assisting Autonomie Project staff with researching, writing copy and developing content for various marketing projects, including a new website scheduled to launch fall/winter 2012.
• Assisting with the management and networking of Autonomie Projects social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linked In, and others.
• Attendance to local company meetings or remotely via Skype.
RequirementsIdeal candidates will possess the following qualities:
• Interest in business, particularly start-up social enterprise.
• Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude.
• Attention to detail, top organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter with an independent work ethic.
• Willingness to pitch in, pound the pavement, roll sleeves up and get dirty.
• Previous experience in social justice, anti-sweatshop movement, fair trade or socially responsible business is preferred.
• Previous experience in writing and/or blogging is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency in shared web-based programs, including Google Calendar, Google Documents, and others.