Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Art in Bayfront Park
325 S Lake Ave Ste 1216
DescriptionApplicant must be able to make weekly meetings in Duluth, MN!!!!!
Art in Bayfront Park Art Fair is an annual celebration of the visual and performing arts featuring artists from the all across the USA and Canada. On August 16-19, one hundred seventy-five visual artists that have been selected by a distinguished panel of judges and they will exhibit and sell their original work in booths located in Bayfront Festival Park, Duluth MN. The festival also features the"Kids Corner” which gives children the opportunity to participate in structured arts activities designed to stimulate the creative process. A more advanced area for adults provides an opportunity to try their hand at various art activities by taking an "Art Class". Volunteer street artists and ensembles entertain audiences throughout the park. Live demonstrations by both performing and visual artists offer festival audiences a greater understanding of the arts. Additionally, an impressive array of foods served by various vendors will fill the festival Culinary Area. Over 20,000 people attend this event each year making Art in Bayfront Park the number one attended outside event in the Duluth/Superior Area (approx. 10,000 per day). However, Bentleyville reaches 200,000 people over 1 1/2 months (about 4,444 a day)
For Festivals, the Internship experience:
...offers practitioners the chance to provide expertise relative to theory and practice obtained in the classroom setting;
...offers the opportunity to improve in-service training for permanent employees;
...allows an opportunity to survey and evaluate prospective employees;
...provides opportunities to establish cooperative relationships which extend beyond the Internship program.
...Art in Bayfront Park team approach to event management mandates that all interns possess a keen sense of self-motivation, the productivity to work positively with a variety of personality types and leadership styles, the ability to be flexible and to embrace change. Art in Bayfront Park interns possess and demonstrate a high standard of integrity and professionalism. They can work alone or with a team.
The internship is a full time for one full year (October through Event in August)
You may be required to work out of your own home with a meeting once a week to view your progress.
ResponsibilitiesAssist the Director with marketing and public relations, including:
• Scheduling radio and television interviews
• Coordinating media for the art fair and special events
• Writing Press Releases and keeping them in a flash drive journal
• Write commercial for radio sponsors
• Generating Press Kits
• Creating Media Alerts and e-mail blasts
• Coordinating sponsorship credentials and working with Development
• Assisting with online marketing
• Helping identify new marketing opportunities
• Creation of demographic profile of event audience
• Identification of how the event can be improved
• Finding enhancement of event reputation
• Assisting with special projects and events
• Making sure the media come to our art fair and you give them a tour. Letting them interview our TV personality and working in advance with our TV personality with knowing in advance the message the TV personality would like to get out to the public about our event
• Determining the event impact on our community
• Data collection and analysis at Art Fair
• Taking surveys during the art fair - registering for free T-shirts and determining our event statistics for the art buyers. (where they are coming from, age, income, etc.)
• Looking for changes to be made on the Website
• Analyze event environment
• Determine best way to spend our advertising dollars (billboard, direct mail, internet, WOM, etc.)
• Determine how companies can benefit with sponsorships - establish what the event can offer potential sponsors
• Develope Sponsor Kit
• Working with Development on matching event benefits with potential sponsors - coordinating with Graphics
• Working with Development on the sponsorship pitch and sponsor kit - coordinating with Graphics
• ATM recruitment and evaluating how many people use it and if it makes us money with the space it takes up.
• Pre-event analysis: Such as, 'should we charge $1. for the event and give a $1. certificate towards art in exchange"
• Evaluating the event experience and concept
• Recruit magazine or newspaper to work with us as a sponsor
• Determine what should go into our new Art in Bayfront Park Memorabilia store and producing them with Graphics
• Writing a job description and intern handbook for the next Marketing Intern
RequirementsApplicant must have already taken a course in Marketing.
APPLY BY E-MAIL - submit Resume to ArtInBayfrontPark@yahoo.com
Applicant must be able to make weekly meetings in Duluth, MN!!!!!