Marketing InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street
DescriptionThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Marketing department. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• The basics of subscription and single ticket campaigns and timelines while assisting with essential marketing functions such as direct mail, and e-mail marketing. The marketing intern will also gain an understanding of data analysis, revenue management, strategic marketing campaigns, and patron and industry research.
What you will do:
1. Assist with the distribution of Orchestra materials.
2. Participate in the analysis of single ticket campaigns and subscription campaigns.
3. Research and update subscriber benefit programs.
4. Update and gain knowledge on the Philadelphia Cultural Alliance List Trade Co-Op program.
5. Gain an understanding of the daily workings of the Marketing Department.
6. Gain knowledge of Tessitura, the Orchestra’s patron and ticketing database.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Strong writing skills and confidence to work with the public.
4. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly with a strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
6. Able to commit to approximately 24 hours per week of time with availability some evenings and weekends.
7. Interest or experience in sales, marketing and statistical analysis a plus.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter and 2 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107