Marketing InternshipBookmark This
ArtsKC - Regional Arts Council
106 Southwest Blvd.
Kansas City, MO
DescriptionTiming: 20 hours per week, September 1 – December 15 (dates flexible)
ArtsKC is a not-for-profit organization serving the five-county region; including Clay, Platte and Jackson in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas. We provide programs and services to arts organizations, artists and the business and civic communities.
ArtsKC serves as the voice for the arts community. We connect and support the arts in the community as a means to create transformation. We believe that the arts are a public good and critical to our region’s success.
ArtsKC operates the ArtsKC Fund, the united arts fund in Kansas City. The fund raises money to provide grant s to artists, arts organizations and arts programs in Kansas City.
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
This individual will work 20 hours per week with the Marketing & Communications Manager supporting the following goals and initiatives:
1. Written Communications; enewsletter, mailings, etc.
2. Social media assistance
3. Website maintenance
4. Draft press releases
5. Special events assistance
6. Research for marketing planning and development
7. Contact management
Marketing intern will receive additional training in the area of marketing, communications, public relations and community awareness. They will assist with implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan and associated goals. Specific skills learned will include communication skills, problem-solving, analysis, time management, budget management and event planning.
- Working with fun, flexible, dedicated and hardworking professionals
- Learning new technologies and having an impact on the agencies ability to serve
- Helping to build a culture of creativity and innovation for the Kansas City region
- Helping strengthen the role of ArtsKC as the champion for the arts
- Great downtown location and paid parking
• Prepare and distribute program-related communications
• Content management on ArtsKC.org and KCLiveArts.org website
• Attend marketing-related meetings and take minutes where required
• General marketing assistance as needed
• Writing and assembling the monthly ArtsKC eNews
• Perform data maintenance in Salesforce
• Update social media outlets regularly
• Serve as a backup to the Administrative Assistant for front desk and phone coverage
• Other general office assistance
• Assist at evening and weekend events as needed including:
Plaza Art Fair September 19, 20, 21
RequirementsWho are we looking for?
- College students or recent grads wanting to build their resume and professional experience
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts, the nonprofit community or being a part of a growing organization
- Smart, dedicated, and resourceful professionals who can manage their time and have fun doing it