Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Praetorian Group, Inc.
200 Green Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionThe Praetorian Group is the leading online media and technology company in the public safety market, and was recently named the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's 2013 Small Business of the Year. Our online properties are visited by 3 million first responders and public safety professionals every month. Praetorian owns and operates www.PoliceOne.com, www.FireRescue1.com,www.EMS1.com, www.Military1.com and www.CorrectionsOne.com, as well as several niche websites focused on specific public safety topics. Praetorian is growing at a rate of more than 15% per year and has been profitable since 2005. Overall, we're an energetic, young SF-based company in a great location with a strong, creative and supportive culture.
You will have the opportunity to learn hands on about online media as well as work with a great team at an exciting, fast growing company that is redefining niche marketing. We are looking to bring someone in to assist our close-knit, quickly growing marketing team – someone who likes to be creative and brainstorm new and innovative ways of growing a brand, but is also willing to listen and learn from others.
As a Marketing Intern with Praetorian Group you will:
• Gain valuable experience in SEO, Social Media, Partnerships, Tradeshows and Offline Marketing
• Work on creative, short-term projects to help us increase our brand visibility and reach across the web
• Part Time
• 16 hours per week
• 2-3 days a week
• Unpaid* – Travel expenses reimbursed
• Maintain partnership agreements and assist with creating a strong online presence for our partners
• Contribute to social media campaigns and promotions on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter
• Assist with industry outreach, acquiring new members and driving more traffic to all of Praetorian’s properties
• Research promotional materials and marketing collateral
• Support PR efforts when needed
• Assist with preparation of tradeshows
Requirements• Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or an applicable focus
• Marketing experience preferred
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• Timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy are critical to this position
• Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and be technically savvy