Marketing Internship - Central/Northern New JerseyBookmark This
TAP Into, LLC
PO Box 794
New Providence, NJ
DescriptionAre you looking to learn about and get real world experience marketing local news and our unique local news franchise? TAP Into is a network of hyperlocal news website franchises that delivers original, objective, award-winning, community-based news, sports, events and more. Our sites are individually owned and operated in each town/territory by people who have a passion for community news.
Our Marketing Interns work with TAP Into’s professional staff to help market our sites and our franchise opportunities in hyperlocal journalism. The interns learn the ins-and-outs of the local news business from a marketing perspective. They will gain significant experience in delivering marketing strategies for a franchise corporation, as well as for small local businesses. Interns will also attend monthly seminars with TAP Into’s professional staff
ResponsibilitiesTAP Into internships are a hands-on experience where no two days are alike. Our Marketing Interns work hand-in-hand with our Founder/CEO, as well as TAP Into’s President of Marketing to learn and execute the necessary marketing strategies to grow a local business, as well as expand our network of franchised businesses.
Additionally, Marketing Interns are expected to:
• Help create marketing/sales materials for advertisers and potential franchisees
• Perform initial research and create a database on prospective franchise territories, including population, types of local business, schools, etc.
• Develop a database containing possible advertising and franchise prospects in assigned towns
• Execute initial reach-outs/cold calls to prospective clients, documenting each call in the town’s database and forwarding all interested parties to a member of TAP Into’s professional staff team.
• Attend advertising and franchise sales calls/meetings with TAP Into staff
RequirementsInterested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this opportunity.
Suggested qualifications include:
• Previous internship or marketing experience preferred.
• Must receive academic credit.
• Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills
• Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
• Leadership potential
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our interns are expected to complete the minimum mandated hours as outlined in their college/university course syllabus. TAP Into Staff will monitor and work closely with all parties involved to ensure that all internship conditions are met by the end of each semester.
During their time with TAP Into, our Marketing Interns will spend a substantial amount of time, both with and without immediate supervision, performing the necessary research on assigned tasks. Interns are free to work from wherever they chose by the deadline assigned to each task.
This position carries a commission-based financial package to be discussed upon accepting position.
Moderate travel is required to attend TAP Into seminars.