Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Bijou is looking for a young professional looking for true experience to get their feet wet in the business world. This includes all aspects of program planning and promotion such as social media design, website management, and event coordination and execution. Bijou staff and management will help develop the Marketing and Event Planning Intern’s professional experience as a result of the position, allowing the Intern to take initiative on projects, learn about event planning, marketing, and communications, gain exposure to social media. Intern’s responsibility will consist of:
Email resume and cover letter to Jaime Giorgio, GM of Bijou.email@example.com
Responsibilities• Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
• Basic Desktop Publishing and Website Management skills (e.g.: Microsoft, word and excel.
• Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
• Willingness to provide public presentations in a variety of setting
• Desire to work in a social service setting with a wide range of individuals with diverse needs.
• Be detail-oriented
• Be currently pursuing or have received a degree in Marketing, Communications, Interactive Media, Public Relations, Human Resources or a related discipline
• Maintain event databases: inputting and confirming event registrations, registrant contact information and producing post-event data as needed-Assist at events as needed Marketing & Communications
• Collaborate on development of PR promotions
• Manage social media ( Facebook page and website questions)
• Prepare handouts and promotional materials
• Locate opportunities for branding and increasing name awareness
RequirementsMust be enrolled in school or furthering education with forward thinking in a marketing, communications, advertising, or public relations major.
• 2012 Spring Semester
• 2 – 4 Credits / 84-168 Internship hours
(Approximately 8 – 16 hours per week for 12 weeks)