Marketing Internship with Gourmet Food E-Commerce RetailerBookmark This
Lobel's of New York
1501 East Avenue
DescriptionLobel’s of New York is a gourmet online butcher shop. We offer our customers the finest and freshest meats available anywhere—at any price. For more information on our company, please see www.lobels.com.
This position would benefit someone who is:
- A Marketing or Communications major, minor, or concentration (or similar)
- A Hotel/Restaurant major with a specific interest in marketing or online retail
- Interested in pursuing a career in marketing or e-commerce
The Marketing Intern reports to the Marketing Manager and also works with the Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing Coordinator, and Marketing Assistant.
- Produce a weekly report of Lobel’s marketing statistics and sales performance; present it to the Marketing Dept.
- Produce a weekly report of marketing activities by our key competitors; present it to the Marketing Dept.
- Produce a monthly report of industry trends as researched in various trade publications; present it to the Marketing Dept.
- Develop and complete a self-chosen project.
- Depending on scheduling: Assist in creative development of weekly promotional emails and social media activities that market our products to customers
- Participate in any of the following, as they come up:
> Product development, product promotion plans, customer relations activities, and customer management programs
> Advertising and public relations activities, execution of promotional events, and development of partnerships
> Development of collateral materials, which can include concepting, copywriting, photography, and print production
> Website development, structure, and design
> Any marketing planning or research tasks
RequirementsProficiency in Microsoft Office
A high level of comfort with technology (we are an online business after all)
Knowledge of such marketing concepts as target audience, demographics, ROI, etc.
Any Web development knowledge is a plus, such as HTML code, an understanding of how databases/dynamic webpages work, etc. Knowledge of food industry or passion for food/cooking is a plus. Knowledge of luxury industry is a plus.