Marketing Internship*MBA Students only*Brand Management/MarketingBookmark This
Rte 119- Tarrytown Office Park
DescriptionPrestige Brands Holdings, Inc. markets and sells well recognized brand name consumer products in two categories: over-the-counter health care products and household cleaning products. We operate in niche segments within these categories in which the strength of our brand names, our established retail distribution network, a low cost operating model and an experience management team are key to our success. Our brands are sold through the United States, Canada, and in certain international markets.
We are seeking two interns for Fall/Spring.
Pay rate: $10 hr.
Candidates should be within local commuting distance/and have housing available to them during their internship.
Candidates should be pursuing an MBA in Marketing.
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for execution of marketing initiatives in support of long term brand strategies. Scope of work would include exposure to a brand’s strategy, marketing plan, and the day in a life of as a brand manager. Their ultimate goal is to help the brand manager achieve his/her profit, volume and market share goals. They must be able to work in a fast paced, small, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective, collaborative teamwork.
1) Brand Plan Development and Execution - assists the brand manager in developing and executing marketing initiatives within budgeted parameters. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, program/promotions, research, and public relations. Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies/vendors and internal resources to deliver results.
2) Program management and execution - manage the day-to-day logistics of the brand programs. Owns timeline management, budget, and program analysis.
3) Market Analysis - monitors and analyzes sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity and develops/recommends action steps based on existing opportunities. Also analyzes consumption and shipment data and compares results to established objectives to assure the effectiveness of marketing programs.
Qualifications: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Education: Pursuing a MBA in Marketing
• Demonstrated leadership and team skills – demonstrates ability to deliver strong business results by working collaboratively with both internal and external resource effectively. Utilizes resources effectively to overcome challenges and achieve business objectives. Takes ownership where appropriate.
• Strategic thinking skills – ability to deliver against the long-term brand goals. Prioritizes marketing initiatives to effectively achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
• Analytical and problem solving skills – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
• Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships.
• Creativity – resourceful at achieving objectives/results despite obstacles.
• Results orientation – focuses not only on what needs to be achieved, but also makes sure that its done the right way.
• High level of initiative and follow-through, and assertiveness – proactively addresses issues and is accountable for getting it done
• Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit.