Marketing / PR InternBookmark This
600 Bay Avenue
DescriptionThe Marketing/P.R. Intern will be responsible for the coordination of various marketing, public relations and communications activities and projects. The Marketing/P.R. Intern will also learn about inner workings of a non-profit (especially the Development Department), and the museums programs and services. While interns are unpaid, they can receive school credit, depending on their school’s requirements. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample and a completed Volunteer Application. The selected student will be required to complete a Signed Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement, Schedule Agreement and a monthly Record of Hours Served document.
Please note that a minimum three month commitment is required for this internship (a six month commitment is preferred). Weekly number of hours is negotiable (ideally 10-20 hours per week) but must be during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.)
ResponsibilitiesMarketing projects and activities may include:
• Posting/Listing information on related websites
• Updating website(s)
• Interviewing clients for marketing pieces or news pitches
• Updating and sending e-news
• Updating our social network strategy
• Developing Google Ad Words Strategy and implementation
• Assisting at events
• Submitting calendar items for publication
Requirements• Currently a college junior or senior in college.
• Pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, communications or business.
• An enthusiastic self-starter who works independently and has excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
• Possess good computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, email and the Internet. Other helpful computer software skills include graphic design software (especially Adobe Photoshop) and website software (especially WordPress).
• Must submit a writing sample.
• Must commit to a 3-6 month internship.