Marketing & PR Internship-Summer 2014Bookmark This
Destination Maternity Corp
456 N. 5th st
DescriptionDestination Maternity Corporation is the world's largest designer and retailer of maternity apparel. In the United States and Canada, as of September 30, 2013, Destination Maternity operates 1,907 retail locations, including 596 stores, predominantly under the tradenames Motherhood Maternity®, A Pea in the Pod®, and Destination Maternity®, and 1,311 leased department locations, and sells on the web through its DestinationMaternity.com and brand-specific websites. Destination Maternity also distributes its Oh Baby by Motherhood® collection through a licensed arrangement at Kohl's® stores throughout the United States and on Kohls.com. In addition, Destination Maternity has international store franchise and product supply relationships in the Middle East, South Korea and Mexico. As of September 30, 2013, Destination Maternity has 143 international franchised locations, including 123 shop-in-shop locations and 20 Destination Maternity branded stores.
Destination Maternity is a publicly traded company traded on the (Nasdaq Global Market (Nasdaq: DEST).
• Working with the merchant team of each brand to acquire samples for editorial requests.
• Keeping a record of all samples that have been sent out as well as what has been returned.
• Following up with editors to ensure timely return of samples to buying team or stores.
• Helping to coordinate marketing efforts for new store openings.
• Fielding calls and following up with press and charitable inquiries.
• Communicating with the company’s outside agencies as it relates to following up on editorial sends or image requests, and cascading information to them as directed.
• Learn to navigate the database of the company’s media monitoring service to track press mentions, including editorial placements or pick up of major campaigns.
• Organizing press clips on the shared drive and keeping an excel sheet logging all press mentions with circulation by campaign and month.
• Create weekly PR report.
• Updating PR boards on a weekly basis.
• Reviewing monthly magazines for any editorial coverage and scan mentions accordingly.
• Assisting in the planning and execution of events in the area and at our Madison Avenue Flagship.
• Occasional press release writing.
• Supporting all brand social media channels but sourcing, suggesting and creating content.
• Coordinating and scheduling meetings and conference rooms as requested.
• Handling all major mailings (editorial sends, look-books, event invitations).
• Assisting with event planning including tracking RSVPs and coordinating logistics.
RequirementsThe Marketing Intern will support the overall efforts of the marketing team primarily by assisting the public relations, communications and special events department.
Experience and Skills:
• Current student working towards a degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
• Strong time-management skills and the ability to be pro-active
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills