COLLEGE GRADS - Marketing & Advertising PositionsAdore, Inc.
ENTRY LEVEL MARKETING ASSOCIATE - PAID TRAININGAdore, Inc.
Marketing InternThyssenKrupp BILSTEIN of America, Inc.
Japanese - Swiss - Startup seeking Marketing / PR internSwispon
Marketing Officer for Children's HospitalsChildren's Hospitals National Foundation
Marketing, PR, Sales, Customer Service, Event Planning InternshipBookmark This
34 Desbrosses Street
New York, NY
DescriptionVogue Featured Charitable Fashion Company
Ix Style (pronounced “eye ex”). Ix is the Mayan word for water. For every pair of sandals purchased, we donate to provide clean drinking water to children. Our heart and focus is in Guatemala, which is where our family is originally from. We were inspired to help after seeing the once beautiful Lake Atitlan in Guatemala that we swam in as children overrun with blue green algae and a new generation of children drinking the toxic water.
We do not use a PR company as we believe in saving as much as we can for our water efforts. We have been very blessed to be featured in Vogue, Refinery29, Rachel Zoe Report, WWD, PeopleStyleWatch and Harper's Bazaar.
Supermodel Bar Refaeli, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jemima Kirke from HBO show Girls, Hangover 2 and 3 actress Jamie Chung, and fashion blogger Hanneli are all supporters of our brand and our water mission.
Anthropologie, Holt Renfrew, ShopBop.com and Goop.com and dozens of boutiques nationally and internationally have picked us up for Spring 2014.
We were very much inspired by the founder of TOMS' book Start Something That Matters and it motivated us to have the same impact (they've sold 10 million shoes and given away 10 million shoes - we will move mountains when we sell as many as they have) around the world by providing clean drinking water to children. The less time children spend collecting contaminated water the more time they can spend in school.
Are you a great writer, researcher, go-getter, good at captivating people's attention?
Do you love fashion? Do you know who the top fashion bloggers are? Do you know the top luxury retailers?
You will work on a variety of marketing, PR, and sales oriented tasks and report to and work directly with the CEO.
Such marketing will include:
- Assisting with Public Relations
- Research retailer buyers for luxury hotels and high-end boutiques around the world
- Contest Creation Using Social Media
- Social Media Communications
- Social Media Analysis
- Blog Management
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates marketing campaigns
- Collaborates with other interns on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Customer service
Requirements- MUST have housing available or lined up in NYC.
- Provide 1-3 social networking ideas to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, and customer management
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment