Marketing Program Development InternBookmark This
Boston Road Animal Clinic
239 Boston Road
A bright and enthusiastic individual seeking to gain an insight into the marketing function of a local small business focused on animal health and wellness
In this role you will provide valuable and measurable administrative support to the company’s business manager as well as its front desk staff, and will be comfortable carrying out routine day-to-day tasks as well as marketing-oriented projects.
A confident communicator, you will be happy to liaise with existing clients, non-competing like- businesses, and local corporate business supporters, and you will use your creativity to help with marketing communications, programs, and activities.
Learn about practical marketing strategies
Learn about the challenges of small business ownership
Gain “real-world” experience in a growing business
See measurable effectiveness as a result of personal effort
Enjoy working with a small focused upbeat team in accomplishing common goals.
College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Responsibilities1. Update and maintain the Boston Road Animal Clinic’s website (a new site currently in development) and presence on external sites, including social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Places, etc).
2. Evaluate the opportunity for Boston Road to expand its internet presence through other channels not currently used
3. Assist with development of communications materials and methodologies.
4. Assist with creation and distribution of newsletters and client mailings.
5. Assist in the maintenance of client databases and mail lists
6. Assist with the creation and development of innovative marketing strategies and campaigns to support existing and new programs and services.
7. Conduct independent research on the opportunity for Boston Road Animal Clinic events and appeals
8. Conduct independent research on the strengths and weaknesses of local competitors marketing efforts.
1. Eager self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
2. Strong oral and written communication skills
3. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
4. Strong computer skills including competence in MS Office, and the ability to effectively navigate the internet and social networking sites for research and promotions.
5. Applicants preferred from the Greater Worcester area
6. Applicants who enjoy being around household pets, particularly cats and dogs, preferred.