Marketing & Web InternshipBookmark This
Boydell & Brewer
668 Mount Hope Avenue
DescriptionBoydell & Brewer Marketing & Web Internship
The North American headquarters of Boydell & Brewer, located in Rochester, NY, has an opening for a savvy intern to learn about & assist with our marketing initiatives including but not limited to updating our websites.
Boydell & Brewer is a prestigious, UK-based publisher of scholarly monographs with medieval studies representing the core of their titles list. Boydell & Brewer also administers several other imprints including the University of Rochester Press, which specializes in academic titles in a variety of fields.
The Marketing & Web Intern will be trained by, shadow, and report directly to the Web Manager, while working with a small team comprised of marketing, sales and editorial staff.
This internship is unpaid, but can be arranged for course credit as long as the student is sponsored by an approved faculty member.
Responsibilities- Update web pages for all five Boydell & Brewer websites (will be trained to use Content Management System)
- Designing and proofreading various promotional materials
- Assist other marketing staff in administrative tasks when needed
- Approximately 10-20 hours per week
Requirements- Strong organizational skills, computer skills and detail-oriented
- Maturity and good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are essential
- Able to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner, while taking initiative in seeking necessary information
- Experience with Photoshop desirable
- Experience with web-based publishing tools (CMS) desirable
- Familiarity with databases and data entry desirable